BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Fire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
majnooFire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!
by on Feb 16, 2006 at 2:46:13 am

infact i just want to know as they show in Boris FX 8 title picture there's a hand on fire and its looking amazing i realy want to know how can i do this thing (i know they shoot there clip on blue sky or background that they can apply choroma keyer) but problem is this i realy don't know how to apply effect like this (or what plugin they just used for it)

Thanks for your time

Regards

ALI

Return to posts index

Mark HarveyRe: Fire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!
by on Feb 16, 2006 at 4:08:08 pm

That effect is actually much easier than you think...

Shoot the hand on blue screen, although I suspect that this is a still that has been rotoscoped. Apply the fire filter, then inside the fire filter there is a setting to apply to edges only.....you then have to specify the track to use for the edges...guess what, that hand is your track to be used for edges. Really, it is that easy to do this effect.

Mark

Return to posts index

majnooRe: Fire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!
by on Feb 16, 2006 at 5:25:23 pm

Got it Thanks Mark Thanks

Return to posts index

Dirk de JongRe: Fire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 9:27:59 pm

It's not a hand that has been rotoscoped - it's me shooting my own hand holding it up in front of a blue sky so I could key it... very high production values I know...:)

Return to posts index

Dirk de JongRe2: Fire Effects in Boris FX 8 !!!
by on Feb 24, 2006 at 9:31:48 pm

What Mark wrote is right on. It's also possible to choose not to display the Map layer (Hand) in the fire layer (show just the flames in that layer) and then put the unaffected hand on a layer below - this gives you a little more flexibility for compositing the flames with the hand - for example using Hard Light Apply mode, tweaking brightness and opacity, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]