BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris FX and FCP - install woes!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim RowleyBoris FX and FCP - install woes!
by on Feb 10, 2006 at 5:37:10 pm

Just purchased BorisFX 8.0 to use with FCP 5.0.3 after having used Boris extensivly in M100. I have followed installation instructions to the tee. Everything looks fine. I drag the Boris FX transition icon over a cut, double click it and it opens in my viewer. I click the "click for options" button to open the Boris interface and nothing happens!! Well, it happened once and never again. If I try to apply a filter and click "click for options" all is fine, the Boris interface opens everytime - but not so for the transitions. If I close FCP and open it again, the Boris interface opens the first time then never again.
What gives? Anybody have any ideas? The Boris technical number said they've never heard that happening and suggested trashing prefs which I did. But it didn't help. Any ideas anybody? Thanks!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.03, OS X10.4.3

Return to posts index

Flip8600Re: Boris FX and FCP - install woes!
by on Feb 13, 2006 at 2:16:41 pm

I'm not sure if you've tried but place the FCP play head over the transition in the timeline before you click the options button. This is a known workflow issue for transitions in FCP.

Return to posts index

DrolloRe: Boris FX and FCP - install woes!
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:53:01 pm

Try to update to version 8.02

Bye

Return to posts index

Kim RowleyRe: Boris FX and FCP - install woes!
by on Feb 16, 2006 at 11:10:22 am

Thanks for the input. It seems to be working now. I was just wondering: where should Boris FX 8 reside on my hard disk? Should I let it install where it wants to on its own or should it be moved to the FCP plug ins folder?

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.03, OS X10.4.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]