BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

What Version of Boris do I need

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Topher944What Version of Boris do I need
by on Jan 31, 2006 at 3:48:48 am

I'm using media100 8.2.2 on OS10.3.9. What version of Boris Graffitti should I be using to create comps in the A/B video trax. 3.0 says it only does graphics track titles etc.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: What Version of Boris do I need
by on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:09:31 pm

I'm not selling Boris products...but I will try to answer this :-)

Graffiti is a titler. Borisfx is a compositor. Boris Red is both.

When I was on media100, I had Red. For a while I had graffiti and Borisfx, but I became frustrated that some features that I wanted to use were in one of the products, and others were in the other. I got move I made.
I am not trying to get you to spend extra money, I have no financial interest in Borisfx, but if you get Red, you will be blown away by the integration with media100. It also doesn't hurt that Borisfx owns media100. To be able to browse your media100 bin directly inside Red was awesome. Also, Red is a standalone (It is both, works in and out of media100). My workflow would be to set up everything in media100 and Red, then save that and open the Red engine.....why ???? Because I got better use of my ram, and a much faster preview and workflow.

I know that I probably haven't answered completely your question, maybe not at all, but I am offering up free advice. Graffiti will do some cool titling. Fx will give you creative power for fx....Red will do both and open up media100 to become a powerful editor and compositor.

Hope this helps,

Return to posts index

topher944Thankyou for the helpful info!!!!
by on Jan 31, 2006 at 4:25:12 pm

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved