BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris title effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jack entoncesBoris title effect
by on Jan 21, 2006 at 6:56:26 pm

I've been trying to do this effect for 2 hours, but can't.

I'm editing on Avid Xpress DV 3.0, PC.
i have video on v1, and video on v2,
the video on v2 has an avid superimpose effect,
so you can see v1 slightly.

Now, I want to put a Boris title effect over these two shots. I tried "stepping" into v2, and doing the Boris title there, but it doesn't work. I tried stepping into v2, and doing the superimpose there, and Boris over the nest, but it doesn't work.

Can someone please help me? I just want to put a Boris title over two shots, one which is superimposed over the other.
thank you

Return to posts index

jack entoncesPS ...
by on Jan 21, 2006 at 8:29:53 pm

I keep getting a black screen, when I add the Boris Title effect.
I even tried to do a video mixdown of both video tracks, then added the Boris title effect on top of that, but keep getting black under the title.
Please help.
thank you very much

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: PS ...
by on Jan 22, 2006 at 2:50:48 am

Now, I dont know the veriosn of Avid that you are using, but here are some ways that may help...
Apply the effect to the top track, then when inside Boris, delete that trackand replace it with the same media, but from your drive.
The reason that you are getting a black screen is that the the alpha is not passed onto Borisfx.
Another way to do this, is to create a new track over the existing two, apply the filter then once inside Borisfx, delete the newly created track. This will enable the title filter to be on its own layer....The alpha created in Boris will take care of the compositing.

Alphas are never passed onto Boris, the best way to get them into Boris is directly from your drive...don't pass through the editor to get the alpha.

Hope this helps,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved