BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trouble Rendering in Vegas

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey679Trouble Rendering in Vegas
by on Jan 19, 2006 at 7:39:37 pm

I am having problems rendering with Boris Red as my 3rd party titleing software. The steps I have taken are as follows...

1. Inserted an empty event into the timeline
2. Used Boris Red as the Event Effects Media
3. Created the Graphic Title within Red and applied to the event
4. Selected the small 10 sec region and rendered the region, then opened the
wmv file and the timing is off

The Graphic is a chalkboard which flips up and "Type-On" writing overlaps the spline object of the chalkboard. There is a still image under the effected event and an audio track of chalk writing on the board as well. Everything looks great in the Vegas Preview, and all the timing is matched, but after the render, the chalk wave sound starts before the graphic chalkboard even flips completly up, and the "Type-On" text doesn't even finish writing, and then the clip cuts off.

I'm thinking it is a timing issue but am not sure if it is in Vegas or in Boris. Are there Render settings I can adjust? Does a 3rd party title program like Boris need a different render setting? I don't even know where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Anne RenehanRe: Trouble Rendering in Vegas
by on Jan 20, 2006 at 6:03:56 pm

I spoke to our resident Vegas expert and he would like to look at your render options. If you're using a draft render or some combination of render parameters, Vegas could be sending Red frames instead of fields therefore throwing off the render by x2 (expecially since the preview in Vegas looks fine).

He also wanted to know if this happens in track types other than an empty event. If you send me
your project(and email address),we could probably sort this out rather quickly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved