BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Black background when exporting projects. Please help....

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
e. lopezBlack background when exporting projects. Please help....
by on Dec 21, 2005 at 2:51:38 pm

Good morning,

I am a new boris red user who needs assistance with a minor problem.... When I try to export my files with an alpha background (transparent) I only get a black background. It previews with an alpha background in the preview window, but not in the final project... I believe I messed up a setting, because I was able to export fine before (The settings in the export window do say straight alpha).

Would someone please tell me how to adjust a transparent background to my projects...

Season Greetings.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Black background when exporting projects. Please help....
by on Dec 21, 2005 at 3:26:41 pm

Are you sure that the editing program that you are using is set up properly to accept alpha channels ??? Where are you viewing the project ???

Cheers

Mark

Return to posts index

e. lopezRe: Black background when exporting projects. Please help....
by on Dec 21, 2005 at 3:38:43 pm

Hello Mark,

I am viewing the project as stand alone Boris Red, I am not using my host, which is Vegas 5...But when I use the host the same thing happens, it did not happen before. I don't know a lot about the software (just got it).
I took a picture of the screen, if you would like I can email it to you.

Thanks for the reply.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2005 at 4:07:54 pm

mharvey_at_rds_dot_ca

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2005 at 4:40:59 pm

Hello Mark,

I tried to email you the information, but got it returned... Please try sending it again or email me at: virgosmusic@yahoo.com.

Thank you

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2005 at 6:08:52 pm

looks like my company e-mail has blocked you also......can't send or receive to you.....must be the yahoo mail thing.

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2005 at 7:34:22 pm

In case my e-mail doesn't make it through....I suspect the alpha is there...in the second still, you are looking at RGB, so all channels.... at the bottom of the compsite window there is a button that looks like a 3 color pie...click it and select alpha...you should now see a black screen with the letters in white (the alpha)....

Also make sure that when you bring the movie back into Red that you click on the face track and that the alpha is selected.

Mark

Return to posts index

by on Dec 21, 2005 at 8:22:37 pm

Hello Mark,

Thank you so much... I tried this, but it still does not work... You know? The thing is, that the settings where fine a week ago, and now I can't get it to work... Wow! This is frustrating... But I will keep the faith.

Appreciate all the help...

Return to posts index

by on Dec 22, 2005 at 1:31:08 am

Have you tried rendering out to quicktime.....give it a try, animation codec....see if that helps. I don't have the stills in front of me, will check them again tomorrow.
Mark

Return to posts index

MarkMcRe: Black background when exporting projects. Please help....
by on Dec 22, 2005 at 11:16:34 am

Render to uncompressed avi make sure you have checked alpha channel (premultiplied looks best in Vegas).Import avi into Vegas and put it on the timeline-right click on clip in timeline choose properties>media tab>select alpha>premultiplied.Movies with alpha channels when imported into Vegas always have the alpha channel setting set at "none" so you have to do this with any you use.

Return to posts index

by on Dec 23, 2005 at 2:00:17 pm

Thank so much,

Sorry I just wrote back; saw the messages right now. New York has been in chaos for the past couple of days (with the transit strike and all), but everything is back to normal. I will try both things, and will reply to let you know how things went.

I truly appreciate all your help.

Evelyn

Return to posts index

by on Dec 27, 2005 at 10:21:04 pm

Hello Guys,

Marc MC, the method you instructed me to do works great, thanks so much...

Marc Harvey thanks again for all you assistance... This, was a tricky one...

Enjoy the rest of the holidays and have a great New Year.

Evelyn

Return to posts index

robmclRe: Black background when exporting projects. Please help....
by on Jan 7, 2006 at 12:58:11 am

I've found the same problem.... when I export (to QT/mov) I'm very sure that the alpha was set to 'straight' in the past and it worked fine. Now the preview window looks fine, but any opacity settings seem to be ignored when exporting. (eg. a 'fade-in' doesn't fade, but rather simply 'jumps' from 0 to 100)

I found I could fix the problem (eg. create the correct opacity changes) by setting the alpha to 'premulti Black' rather than 'straight' (still exporting to QT).
Although the exported .mov has a "black" background, it becomes a correct (transparent) alpha-channel when it's dropped on the Premiere timeline.

Hope this helps...Rob

Return to posts index

by on Feb 21, 2006 at 8:40:32 pm

Hello Robmcl...You are correct, I am having a similar problem. Mark MC gave me a solution very close to yours and it worked great.

Sorry I took so long to reply... I just saw the message.

Thanks, E. Lopez

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]