BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Avid Liquid Late!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jbroseorg2Avid Liquid Late!
by on Dec 14, 2005 at 1:13:38 am

Read your review of Liquid and had to laugh (no use crying I guess). I ordered Avid Liquid Pro in mid-Nov on the assumption it would ship sometime near the scheduled release date of 11/22. I spoke with Pinnacle recently, they said no Liquid product had shipped yet and they had no ETA on when it would ship. There's also nothing on their web-site.

I'd like to see you use your bully pulpit to get some information out of them, especially since you gave their product such a favorable review. At this point they're hurting your credibility since whatever you reviewed isn't actually a product and is not available to the general public.

Jim Butler
Roseburg, OR

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Avid Liquid Late!
by on Dec 14, 2005 at 4:37:18 am

There was another user who ordered from Pinnacle and had the same issue. The problem is that Liquid is under Avid, not Pinnacle. Contact Avid about it. It has been shipping for 2 weeks now.

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Avid Liquid Late!
by on Dec 14, 2005 at 12:02:59 pm

I'm sorry you have had issues. Liquid began shipping through Avid on November 21st, a day earlier than expected. Whilst it always takes a while for the product to get to everyone, you should have received your copy by now.
Many users on the Avid forums have received their copies and are commenting on it as we speak. Some have had issues....that happens with a .0 release.
Because I am not directly responsible for shipping their product, and because I do not work for Avid, I do not feel that their shipping policies reflect on my character and do not in any way tarnish my reputation. If you feel this way, then I am sorry.
I reviewed Liquid 7 based on the product that I had at hand. Obviously the review was not written on the day of the release....I was using the last beta release, the same version that was burned to disk for the general population.

Contact Avid and they should be able to get your product to you.

Return to posts index

jbroseorg2Re: Avid Liquid Late!
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 1:29:44 am

Called Digital River, who operates Pinnacle's online store, today and was treated to a repeat performance of the "I know nothing" mantra from a couple of weeks ago.

So, I took your advice and spoke with Avid in Tewksberry, Mass. They countered that they cannot sell the Avid Liquid product--it has to go through the Pinnacle division in Mountain View.

Spoke with Pinnacle by phone, they confirmed that Digital River has the best information on order status, backorders, inventory, and shipping status. So, I called Digital River back and got lucky--got a woman who dug deep enough into their systems to find that the order actually shipped this morning via UPS ground. Should have it early next week. Whew!

Perhaps you could include a review of customer service and sales order management in future product reviews...

Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Avid Liquid Late!
by on Dec 16, 2005 at 6:47:02 pm

Sorry about your experience.....but I review the end product, not the means by which it makes it into your had a bad experience, maybe you should be writing the review ;-)

Cheers, enjoy the product once you receive it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved