BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Knoll Light Factory

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Advisory
Knoll Light Factory
on Nov 14, 2005 at 7:29:28 pm

I installed Knoll Light Factory as a plug in fliter on Red. It works great until I add the filter to replace the background with alpha. At that point Red crashes. Thoughts? Patches?

Return to posts index

peter mcauley
Re: Knoll Light Factory
on Dec 13, 2005 at 5:02:20 pm

Hi,

I've tried to reproduce the issue that you are seeing but alas, the filter appears to be working correctly on both the Windows and Macintosh systems in my office. Would it be possible for you to outline a set of steps that you followed that consistently causes the crash? Are you using the latest version of Red? Are you using the latest version of Knoll Light Factory? What type of system are you using this on? Are you using Red as standalone or the plug-in? If you are using it as a plug-in, then what host environment are you running?

Sorry for the barrage of questions but your answers to these will assist me in determining what is causing the crash.

Cheers,

Peter.

Return to posts index

Advisory
on Dec 13, 2005 at 5:54:10 pm

Hi Peter,

I am using the latest version of Red (3.04) on Mac OS X 10.4.3 Knoll Light Factory 2.0. I am using Light Factory in Boris as a stand alone...although I also use Red as a plug in FCP (5.0.3) for transitions but have not tried it with Light Factory.

Light Factory works fine in Red if I'm adding it over video or a gradient. However, when trying to add it to text, the filer not only adds the star-burst but also a black background. When adding "unmult" - which is supposed to remove the black background, Red crashes.

Return to posts index

Advisory
on Dec 13, 2005 at 5:55:20 pm

Hi Peter,

I am using the latest version of Red (3.04) on Mac OS X 10.4.3 Knoll Light Factory 2.0. I am using Light Factory in Boris as a stand alone...although I also use Red as a plug in FCP (5.0.3) for transitions but have not tried it with Light Factory.

Light Factory works fine in Red if I'm adding it over video or a gradient. However, when trying to add it to text, the filer not only adds the star-burst but also a black background. When adding "unmult" - which is supposed to remove the black background, Red crashes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]