BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

RED 3.04 doesn't run so well

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DaveRED 3.04 doesn't run so well
by on Oct 26, 2005 at 7:31:39 pm

When I first updated with 3.04, RED didn't even open, so I un-/reinstalled everything and now I am getting slowdowns and crashes in both the Engine and AVX plug-in. Is this happening to anyone else? 3.02 worked fine for me so I think I'll go back to it for now, but I thought I'd pipe up in case I'm not the only one.

Avid Xpress 5.8 Meridian
Compaq W8000 Xeon 1.8 ghz
512 RAM

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: RED 3.04 doesn't run so well
by on Oct 28, 2005 at 7:08:21 pm

A couple of things.

You can delete the ini file and restart the program. It may help. I can't remember what the name of the ini file is off the top of my head and I'm not in front of a workstation. Maybe another user can post the correct name before I get around to it.

The second thing that's caused me issues in the past is the OpenGL setting. Run the OpenGL test in the preferences and then test with the software rendering to see if it helps at all.

The last thing would be to reinstall..

Return to posts index

dave groenierRe: RED 3.04 doesn't run so well
by on Nov 1, 2005 at 5:28:44 pm

I tried all of those things except the .ini file, which I can't find. Man, its unbelievable. All my aps were running slow and crashing constantly until I went back to 3.02, now everything is humming along great. What a difference two hundreths of a version can make. I don't think this release does anything for my system anyway so I'll wait for 4.0 or something. Thanks anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved