BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

? need help - Text fx in RED- paste settings

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony miles? need help - Text fx in RED- paste settings
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 4:03:13 pm

Working in red 3, Have many text lines to bring in with animated FX, type on, and combination of a blur filter. Is there a way to copy and apply these attributes to other text layers in RED, similar to paste attributes in FCP or PPro?

Have many, many lines of text to being in, this would make a huge difference in the work flow. If so please point me in the right direction for a tutorial or detailed steps.

Thanks so much,
Anthony

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: ? need help - Text fx in RED- paste settings
by on Oct 20, 2005 at 5:39:15 pm

The method I use is to create a track with all of the parameters i want to use over and over and then copy the track and paste it as many times as I need to. So in essence, create a track with the elements you want and the highlight the track and copy it (ctrl C or command C) then paste it (ctrl V or command V). Then adjust each track accordingly. You can do this with containers as well.

Return to posts index

Mark FrazierRe: ? need help - Text fx in RED- paste settings
by on Oct 21, 2005 at 10:34:09 pm

Ditto to Stephen - although in the mac you can select a track and hit Apple-D for a one-step duplication of the track and all attributes. Change the font, move the keyframes if needed, and away you go.

If you already have the text layers created and you just want to apply a filter or effect to all of them, create it in one text layer, then copy and paste to other tracks. You can also copy/paste individual or multiple keyframes (by shift-clicking) from one layer to another, as long as they are going into the same type of layer.

Return to posts index

anthony milesRe: ? need help - Text fx in RED- paste settings
by on Oct 22, 2005 at 3:37:09 am

Thank you for your help. I do appreciate it. I guess a paste attributes command would be high on the list for the next revision of the RED software. I love RED and all the great things you can do with it and the integration. You think compositing software manufacturers would jump into that kind of work flow enhancement pretty fast.

I am a little surprised someone from Boris hasn't jumped in here.

Best regards,
Anthony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]