BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

FX / Grafitii vs Red

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JackWhiteIII
FX / Grafitii vs Red
on Sep 21, 2005 at 6:48:58 pm

I have FX version 8 and Grafitti version 3. I would quite like to have RED simply so I can use both functions in one applicaiton but as far as I can make out Red is basically FX and Grafitti plus the charts and time effects. If that really is it I'm not sure that justifies a $999 upgrade price. It seems to me that there should be a cheaper upgrade path to those of us who own both FX and Grafitti compared to those who have just one product. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Erik
Re: FX / Grafitii vs Red
by
on Sep 25, 2005 at 4:39:36 am

It is a lot better. If you like, I happen to have a Red liscense for cheap- if you are interested. I am doing mostly 3D now on Lightwave!

Return to posts index

Dave
by
on Sep 27, 2005 at 4:15:43 am

Unless you want to use it in FCP 5. If you do it will crash ALL THE TIME because there is a bug if you change the window layout in FCP 5. It's been over two months and still nothing from Boris.

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Dual 2 Gig - AJA IO & LA
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 5-OS X 10.4.1-QT 7

Return to posts index

Anne Renehan
on Sep 27, 2005 at 5:55:09 pm

Actually I'm finishing a major project in FCP 5 and have never seen this problem. It only occurs in specific instances in Color Correction mode. However, we have fixed this issue in Red 3.04, a free upgrade for Red 3.x users. The upgrade will be available late this week or early next week. We'll send a link in our newsletter as soon as the upgrade is available.

I hope that helps.
Anne

Return to posts index

Dave
by
on Sep 27, 2005 at 9:30:09 pm

This is the set up we sent to Boris that you were able to repeat. I hope you tested the configuration below as well. I am very glad to here you have this fixed!

This is happening with the FCP custom window layout described below.
Start with the Dual screen-multiple edits layout. Chage the order of the four windows on top (starting on the left side of the screen):
1. Tool Bench-Audio Mixer 2. Viewer 3. Canvas 4. Tool Bench-Video Scopes.

REPEATABLE CRASH, using Boris Red 3.0.2 and following these steps:
1. Create a Boris Red Static generator.
2. Open Red by clicking the red Boris panel in the controls tab of the viewer. Red launches.
3. Create a text layer, apply and add the Boris Red Static to the time line.
4. Double click the Boris Red Static item it the timeline to open in the viewer.
5. Launch Red by clicking on the red Boris panel in the controls tab of the viewer.
6. Open and close Red several times and FCP 5.02 will crash.
?

Dajen Productions
Santa Barbara, CA
G5 Dual 2 Gig - AJA IO & LA
Huge 1.2 Raid
FCP 5-OS X 10.4.1-QT 7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]