BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

BorisFx may acquire Media100 - IBC Rumour

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john buckBorisFx may acquire Media100 - IBC Rumour
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 2:21:07 am

John Twight and several other veteran Media 100 users went to the IBC today in Amsterdam and reported back on some great news.
Boris FX is looking to acquire Media100 from Optibase. Not confirmed but mighty close

There are still details to work out and both parties are staying tight lipped about the details but expect PR releases early next week.
YES it may just happen at last!

Optibase's new CEO Uzi Breir can finally divest himself of an acquisition he was never comfortable with and more than one M100 user
has commented "this could mean there's still some future in the media100 products. Hopefully they'll restore some R&D and new
developments will follow". And one only has to look at the new version of Final Effects 4.0.2 as proof that Boris has the engineering and
marketing team to fix and change software product quickly and efficiently. But there are hurdles. One has to wonder about the impact on
Boris with so much of its revenue coming from OEM deals with companies like Avid, this may not be an easy transition.

Of course nothing has been finalised in the purported purchase of M100 by Boris FX. There of course many synergies between the companies,
many smiles about relinking old employees with M100 and shared paths. I'm sure we all hope Boris takes charge of one of the few NLE's that
provides competition to FCP.

As we move forward it would be great if Boris can rebuild the goodwill of a once proud brand.

So Boris Y and Co - Dont be shy either in asking this very loyal and valuable resource, the Cow M100'ers
what they think, want or dont want. Actually we know what we dont want.
More of we've just had!

Return to posts index

EditzRe: BorisFx may acquire Media100 - IBC Rumour
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 5:34:29 am

Like you said, this seems a little hard to believe given their relationship with Avid. Perhaps there are some M100 patents that Boris is interested in more than the NLE stuff.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: BorisFx may acquire Media100 - IBC Rumour
by on Sep 14, 2005 at 6:05:00 am

This is very difficult to believe. I hope there is something to it though..

Return to posts index

Anne RenehanRe: BorisFx may acquire Media100 - IBC Rumour
by on Sep 15, 2005 at 3:37:34 pm

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I was atttending IBC where my email access was sketchy. While this is an interesting thread, nothing is official. If we have any news to report, I promise we'll post a press release here with all relevant information.

Meanwhile, we have announced the availability of Boris Final Effects Complete (FEC) version 4.02. FEC includes more than 100 native plug-ins for Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro, Discreet Combustion as well as Boris Red, FX and Graffiti. A future version will add support for Adobe Premiere Pro. A second version, Final Effects Complete AVX (FEC AVX), will add support for the AVX 1.0 architecture. Existing users can upgrade from FEC version 3.52 or later for $99. We haven't yet posted an upgrade version to our website, but you could download the full Trial version until we post it shortly. (Our website is down for a little while as our building was apparently struck by lightening. We should be up shortly.)

You can download a 14-day trial version from

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved