BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Trying to add fire to text- is there a faster way to do this?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mus man
Trying to add fire to text- is there a faster way to do this?
on Sep 4, 2005 at 9:01:06 pm

I've learned how to add a gradient, a movie, and a still pic as the background of a text. But, what I really want to do is to have things like fire (generated media like this) as the background. The only way I know how to do this requires rendering out the fire (or other generated media) as a movie then adding it as the back ground.
So, is there a way to do this that doesn't require the extra step of rendering out the fire as a movie? Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Re: Trying to add fire to text- is there a faster way to do this?
on Sep 4, 2005 at 10:58:02 pm

Hmnnn... Fire inside of the text character or the text is on fire or the text is in a bed of fire?

Return to posts index

mus man
on Sep 4, 2005 at 11:30:43 pm

Well, I meant fire inside the text, like making it transparent and having fire fill up the transparency. But, the text being on fire sounds even cooler. Don't suppose you could point me in the right direction for both, could you?
Thanks!

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Sep 6, 2005 at 1:59:15 am

Boris Red 3.02 file link.

http://home.comcast.net/~stephenlnoe/szn89boristextfire.red

download the file and open it in Red 3GL You can dissect the project from there.

No charge this time but get it before I take it off the server hombre...

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Sep 6, 2005 at 6:36:52 am

Since I made the RED file I put it on a video for you. This is 'roughed in' so you can work on edges and fire location for you project.

Click for the example:

http://www.planetliquid.us/web_video/szn89productions/szn89fire.avi

You'll need the DivX codec installed (it's high def).

PS. COW admins, listen up, can you make it so that someone can edit their own post please? Thanks.

Return to posts index

mus man
Thank you!!
on Sep 7, 2005 at 9:23:02 am

Thank you so much, that was really cool and I look forward to ripping you off-Imean learning from you example. I'm sure you were kidding when you wrote, "No charge this time..." But, if you're selling Boris tutorials then I'm all over that. It was a little over a year ago I bought Red. I actually called the company at one point and talked to someone about the need for something similar to Adobe's Total Training. He agreed with me and said it was in the works already. A year on now, I wonder if he was just saying that.
Anyway, thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]