BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Problems with Tutorial

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
debeProblems with Tutorial
by on Aug 29, 2005 at 8:57:59 pm

So...I bought Red and Continuum Complete because I needed a specific effect a few months ago.

Now that I'm layed up recovering from surgery, I thought I should go through the tutorial and see just what I now have at my disposal.

I'm embarassed to say that I'm on Execrice 3 and I seem to have messed up something, or am misunderstanding something so completley that I can't really move on.

I'm on page 54, trying to use the OpenGL interactors to point the arrow towards the bulls eye. It appears that I'm only adjusting the Natural Media, not the Primitive. I have gone back and rebuilt this from the beginning four times now, always with the same result. I can't seem to rotate the arrow, only the texture within it.

I have followed the tutorial to the letter. Have I found a flaw in the tutorial, or have the painkillers dulled more than I thought?

Any one run through the turoriual and know of what I speak, or have any ideas?

Maybe I just need a nap!!

Return to posts index

debeRe: Problems with Tutorial
by on Aug 30, 2005 at 3:07:45 pm

Never mind. the farther I get into this, the more I realize that my manual/tutorial is for Red, but my software is Red 3GL. The reason I'm not getting the right results is that my menus are different, my windows are different....Maybe when I'm feeling better, I'd be up for tackling trying to figure out the differences...

On the same note, anyone have a recommendation for secondary tutorials for Red 3GL? I'm not opposed to spending money. This seems like an inceredibly powerful suite of tools, if only I could get a better grip on the basics. If anyone has used Artel, the Phillip Hodgetts DVD or the Chris Vadnais DVD set, please let me know what you think of them.

Or any others! I'm open to all suggestions!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved