BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Can't get a handle on Boris

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JoeyTheDog
Can't get a handle on Boris
on Aug 24, 2005 at 8:44:11 am

I have a pretty sweet 00;01;36;00 animation. The renders crash all the time. 2 days couldn't figure out why. The i realized that BFX API error meant B for boris and fx for fx. Anyway the alert goes on to say that "the handle is invalid" and mentions "MultiProcessor .cpp 742"

Then this encourages more rouge code to chime in "XIImageNative.cpp 733" "not enough storage available to process this command"
this is in after effects using Boris as a plugin, and there is plenty of storage.

I hope after the 4 days I have spent on the animation that with some sweet talk Boris will come round to seeing things my way and let me get things on to DVD. This is my first usage of BFX so I my have broken some unwritten tribal laws but if the spirits are willin' maybe we can get things straightened out.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time to read this post.

B.T.W. it's written in the stars. Well anyway I'm using the stars filter.

Jdog (4:43 am est West Virginia time)

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: Can't get a handle on Boris
on Aug 24, 2005 at 1:23:35 pm

Call Boris tech support for stuff like this...it is usually free, and they are extremely helpfull....the number is on their website.

Mark

Return to posts index

JoeyTheDog
on Aug 24, 2005 at 6:17:58 pm

Tech support is currently unavailable. That's nice.

Would anyone know even a little about this problem? The question has been asked before and I imagine that it is a problem that is not so rare.

Problem does not occur on lower res renders and happens consistently when ram usage hits exactly 47%.

Any hints would greatly appreciated.

Speculation also acceptable.

Return to posts index

JoeyTheDog
on Aug 24, 2005 at 7:09:42 pm

Right now I am rendering the Boris Stars layer by itself in parts, well until Boris sees fit to crash After Effects, and then stitching Frankenstein bach together in its own comp. Once everything is aligned I do a pre-comp and then import back into the main project.

The monster lives. IT'S ALIVE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]