BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Speedy rotoscoping

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editz
Speedy rotoscoping
on Aug 5, 2005 at 9:19:59 pm

If I understand correctly, I can use a spline pen to trace a shape around something, say a person walking. In order to continue to track that person, I have to grab and adjust each point on the spline object. Is there a faster method? Can I draw a new outline on the next frame and somehow "stitch" it to the previous one? Would it be quicker to export a series of stills and trace it all in Photoshop?

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Re: Speedy rotoscoping
on Aug 8, 2005 at 4:56:49 am

There is no easy way to do rotoscoping. For me the easiest is what you've described, exporting to Photoshop or Corel and then doing the 'work' of cutting the mask on each frame. Good luck..

Return to posts index

Editz
on Aug 8, 2005 at 3:40:04 pm

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm asking this on behalf of someone who's used to doing it in a Quantel Editbox, which allowed you to draw a new matte for each frame and then "bank" them all together so as to provide an animation.

Return to posts index

Post Office Video
on Aug 8, 2005 at 3:43:43 pm

There are vastly easier ways to do this. Combustion, Commotion and the Silhouette plugin for Final Cut are sso much easier to roto in...

Chris Paul
POV

Return to posts index

Editz
on Aug 8, 2005 at 6:20:21 pm

I don't doubt it, but these are the tools we have...

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
on Aug 8, 2005 at 7:46:18 pm

I had heard Commotion was really great at rotoscope but haven't tried it. It's so rare to use it (for me anyway).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]