BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Horizontal lines during motion for imported image files

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edmund
Horizontal lines during motion for imported image files
on Jul 21, 2005 at 5:43:24 am

Hello,

I am using Boris Red to composite a bunch of images for a video. The images come in from the left. During the motion of the image coming in there is a distortion (interlace like horizontal line effect) that ends when movement ends.

I am using Red with Avid Xpress Pro ver 4.6. I am outputting to quicktime (full movie, not reference).I have tried full avi export and Targa. All have same problem.

What's odd is that I don't get these problems when I preview to Ram, only when I export.

I get the same problems using Boris outside of Avid.

I have tried Gaussian blurs, deflicker, render field as frames. All the usual suspects, but I can't figure out a solution.

Any ideas??

Thanks!

Ed

Return to posts index

advres
Re: Horizontal lines during motion for imported image files
on Jul 22, 2005 at 7:34:35 pm

What are your import settings? Importing something incorrectly could cause issues as well. just a guess.

Return to posts index

Editz
on Jul 23, 2005 at 5:27:12 pm

I've had what you described happen to me when importing a Quicktime back into Avid at the wrong aspect (square vs. non-square).

Return to posts index

Edmund
on Jul 27, 2005 at 5:31:06 pm

I am using boris red as an AVX effect in Avid. Within red, I am importing PNG images and have tried all of the image aspects and fit to project.

ALso, when looking at my question, I am sure many are saying that this s interlacing on a computer monitor. But I am seeing these lines on a tv from a burned dvd.

Thanks for the help!

Ed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]