BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris LTD Avid Patch Updater

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay_MontelongoBoris LTD Avid Patch Updater
by on Jul 8, 2005 at 5:03:25 pm

I am running Boris FX LTD 6.1 and Graffiti LTD 2.1 for my Avid system. Both came bundled in. When working in Boris (either one) my mouse pointer will disappear and vanish. I fix this by clicking out of Boris and when I see my mouse pointer again I go back into Boris. A pain indeed.

However, I have seen a patch on the Boris site. But each time you try to install it, it says my DLL file has a wrong date from the date it was installed and tells me to re-install Boris. I have done that and it STILL gives me the same error.

Anyone know how to fix this or where I can find the solution??

Thanks all!

Return to posts index

Matt SowderRe: Boris LTD Avid Patch Updater
by on Jul 20, 2005 at 2:11:19 pm

Jay any luck? If your PC based, I think you may have an issue in the registry and may need to clean that. Back that up before you do anything, or find a program that will let you do that before do that. I don't think you'll get a clean install without making sure you have a clean uninstall. I don't know if that approach will work to particular problem but if it doesn't work then you can at least rule out the install.

Matt Sowder
Fiddler's Ridge Productions

Return to posts index

Jay_MontelongoRe: Boris LTD Avid Patch Updater
by on Jul 20, 2005 at 5:11:45 pm

I'm sorry I should have posted this before, but after several email dances with Boris, I was able to realize the updater was for Xpress DV and not for Xpress Pro.

Some of the other concerns go to me having the LTD versions of Boris which isn't the answer I was hoping for. But I was told the FULL version is 'better'.

Again, I'm trying to get out of the After Effects habit so I can increase speed doing it in Avid through boris, but with hiccups like this, I need to be working with the FULL version. (so i was told)

Thanks for a follow up!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved