BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Boris Extrusion Back Texture Flipping

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Kuhn
Boris Extrusion Back Texture Flipping
on Jul 7, 2005 at 3:10:04 pm

In Boris Red 3.0 I recently applied a simple extrusion to a roung .PSD image. I applied the same image the the front and back textures. However, when I selected to flip the back image horizontally, the back image began to flip back and forth from keyframe to keyframe. Even after rendering, causing a jittery back texture image. I was able to flip the image in photoshop and apply a separate pre-flipped image to the back texture but even then, the image I made in Photoshop came out as looking extremely low-Quality when applied to the back texture. Yes I did quadruple check my Photoshop resolutions/settings and they were the same. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I am using Boris as a Plug-In for FCP 4 on a dual G4 Mac.

May His grace and peace keep love strong within your hearts and homes.

Thanks!
Greg Kuhn

May His grace and peace keep love strong within your heart and home.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Re: Boris Extrusion Back Texture Flipping
on Jul 8, 2005 at 4:16:51 pm

What happens if you build the same animation in the stand alone engine? Do you get the same results?

Return to posts index

mark harvey
Re: Boris Extrusion Back Texture Flipping
on Jul 11, 2005 at 5:37:17 pm

This is why I like to nest tracks to faces, and not to use the standard import buttons that you can use on the faces....create a new 3d plane, map the psd file to that track, then drag that track to the back face of the extrusion....you know have full layer controls on the back face, whereas you can now add filters, position, zoom etc, and at the media level of the nested track you can choose to flip the image, it will not be affected by the extrusion....

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]