BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

uninstall of contiuum complete 3?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Ruggierouninstall of contiuum complete 3?
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 2:43:44 pm

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know how to do a complete uninstall of Boris Contiuum Complete 3?
I am trying to reload the plugins. I keep getting a 'X' over my footage whenever I apply a filter. As suggested, I repaired permissions using OS Disk Utility and Cocktail, but had no success in ridding the video of the 'X'. I am hoping a complete uninstall and reinstall of the plugins will help.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

advresRe: uninstall of contiuum complete 3?
by on Jun 27, 2005 at 3:10:33 pm

The X is from a downloaded timed out try and buy version of the product. If you downloaded the product and purchased it, boris should have given you an unlock code which you can enter when you apply a filter and click the register button.

Macintosh does not have an uninstall like windows does. You have to manually delet everything Boris from your drive but that will not solve your 'X' problem. If you legally purchased it and lost your unlock code, I would call boris tech support to get it straightened out. Using the unlock code that is specific to your personal install is the only way to rid yourself of the X.

If you did use the try and buy downloaded from the web but now have a cd... then delete everything boris from your drive and reinstall from the cd. I do not believe the install cd will over-write the downloaded version so you need to delete them first. If you need info as to where everything is located on your drive then email me at advres (at) gmail dot com and I can give you the locations for all apps you installed it for.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved