BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

.bfx vs .trans for Boris Red Transitions in FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Burrows.bfx vs .trans for Boris Red Transitions in FCP
by on Jun 21, 2005 at 2:38:55 pm

Hi. I am running into an issue almost every time that I want to transition between edits with a Boris Red Transition. I am using Boris Red 3GL for FCP 4.5 on a G4.

Here are 2 examples...If I am working on Video track 1 only and want to add a Boris Red Blur Dissolve then a lot of times if the very last frame of the dissolve cuts out and creates an ugly flash frame effect on that last frame of the dissolve. Everything looks great until that last frame.

Example 2 - If I am layering graphics with alphas and working with multiple video tracks. And I try to add a boris red blur effect transition as a way to get from the top layer or Video Track 4 of 4 video tracks...I get a bad key. During the length of the transition the alpha disappears and I get what was just my text keyed nicely over layers of graphics. To NOW my text by itself on a black screen and all my other video channels covered by the black. It also doesn't transition to the next piece of video or text. It does the transition back to itself and then at the end of the transition cuts to the next image.

I also noticed that some of the boris effects are labeled .bfx which I assume are their filters as opposed .trans which are the only ones you can use as transitions. Is my assumption correct?

Any help on solving these matters is greatly appreciated as I enjoy using the Boris effects in FCP 4.5.

G5 Mac OS X
Dual 2.0 Ghz
FCP 4.5 HD
XServe Raid 1 Terabyte

G4 Mac OS X
Dual 1.25 Ghz
FCP 4.5 HD
Lacie Drives 200 Gbs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved