BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Avid Adrenaline 1.5.1 aspect resize issue

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timothy AllenAvid Adrenaline 1.5.1 aspect resize issue
by on Jun 2, 2005 at 8:33:53 pm

I'm seeing a slight aspect ratio change in my ReED 1.5.1 rendered effects. It might be a square vs. non-square pixal issue. I'm working with 16:9 anamorphic footage and when the effect is rendered it plays back as if the Y scale is slightly larger. This happens with all layers, including the background video layer which has no parameter changes to it. Even thought the change is slight, it's very noticable.

The aspect ratio preferences are locked because it's taking the Avid Adrenaline project preferences. (720 x 486) I think I might try trashing the Red.ini file and restarting to see if that helps.

Any other suggestions?

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenActually - Avid Adrenaline 1.6.3 aspect resize issue
by on Jun 3, 2005 at 4:10:18 pm

Actually, the Avid Adrenaline is version 1.6.3. We have several programs that need to hit air dates but won't if this isn't resolved, so I'm feeling the heat.

Any other Avid users seeing this "issue"?

Return to posts index

Timothy AllenRe: another update (hello... hello, is this thing on? tap... tap)
by on Jun 4, 2005 at 2:36:14 am

Trashing the .ini file didn't help. Also, I found out that this issue is consistant with all of our Avid Media Composer Adrenalines which have been upgraded to version 1.6.3.

...and the issue isn't limited to 16x9 footage, Some of our other editors are seeing this in any RED effect in any program (4x3 or 16x9).

Even projects that used to have rendered files that looked good before our Avid upgrade are showing this anomaly now. I hope the upgrade to Red 3 fixes it, but if any of you have ideas, I would really appreciate them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved