BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Rippled Text Effect

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David StrelitzRippled Text Effect
by on May 25, 2005 at 5:16:48 pm

There is an effect I see that I like, whereby a line of text has a ripple that runs through L to R with Bulged text at the "Centre" of the ripple like a traveling table Tennis Ball...or something????
Without spending hours re-inventing the wheel- is this written up anywhere or can someone who has done this suggest the best way to do it



Return to posts index

mark harveyRe: Rippled Text Effect
by on May 26, 2005 at 9:12:43 am

Use the displacment map filter with the noise map filter, or use the bulge filter.


Return to posts index

David StrelitzRe: Rippled Text Effect
by on May 26, 2005 at 7:47:53 pm

Thanks for the advice. I had tried the Bulge but wasnt able to get the "Bulge" right and besides i realise the text size neds to change so I probably need to incorporate a matte with a larger Text layer....cant see how the layers would keep the letters "synced"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved