BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Unwanted transplants, disappearing work

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark FrazierUnwanted transplants, disappearing work
by on May 20, 2005 at 3:24:30 pm

I recently upgraded to RED 3.0, running with M100 8.2.2. I've been using earlier versions of both software families for over seven years, and the upgrades have added some unwanted attributes.

When I'm working with the RED text functions, frequently when I change any attributes to a layer of text (position, font, etc.) and then click on a second layer of text to manipulate it, the text from the first layer will replace the text in the second layer. What the heck's that all about?

Even more frustrating is that periodically, usually after spending a large amout of time creating a complex program, when I click "apply" and return to M100, the timeline shows that there's nothing in that Boris RED graphics component. When I open the RED component, sure enough, it's looking at me with just the empty 2-track timeline. I know that the only way around this is to frequently SAVE the program as I'm building it and just reopen it if it "disappears", but I'm thinking that RED shouldn't just trash my work like it never exsisted. It's quite rude, actually.

Is this just one more way computers are making my life better?

Thanks for any input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved