BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red 3.0 Effects jitter in Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
KeithBoris Red 3.0 Effects jitter in Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1
by on May 14, 2005 at 4:08:09 am

I just completed a photo video with many Boris Red effects. After rendering, the effects were very jittery - especially the fast moving effects like a "warp factor cube".....

I tried changing some settings like 1:2:1 deflicker - but that didn't help.

Any advice on other settings and preferences to change ?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Boris Red 3.0 Effects jitter in Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1
by on May 14, 2005 at 7:24:58 am

Timeline codec, change it to DIF or DVCPro. AVI or uncompressed will give issues.

Return to posts index

KeithRe: Boris Red 3.0 Effects jitter in Pinnacle Liquid Edition 6.1
by on May 14, 2005 at 3:07:00 pm

Thanks for your suggestions.

I did try the different codecs and re-render the boris fx and unfortunately I had the same issues. The "jittery" effects only appear on the monitor from the B.O.B. - and appears to look good on the VGA monitor.

I also tried different boris preferences (1:2:1 deflicker.....) and that was no help. My video card is nvidia Geforce FX5700LE. (On an open GL test it said that "your system's video card manufacturer is not supported by Boris FX" Critical testing - sucessful. The test also said that this would have no impact on the render quality of effects.

Any other things to try ?? I'm surprised this isn't working with my new system (Win XP PRO SP2, 3.2 Ghz, 1 Gb ram, separate system and video hard drives. I had Boris 5.0 on an older computer (win NT 4.0) with Speedrazor and it always produced excellent effects.

I'm going to record this video for the client and tell them that the final video will hopefully have decent effects and that I don't lose this job.

Return to posts index

by on May 14, 2005 at 5:30:17 pm

how many frames is the effect? is it a shor duration with a big movement on the screen? can you save the .red file and post it? I'll try to simulate for you. Just tell me what your parameters are...

Return to posts index

by on May 16, 2005 at 4:14:24 am

I really appreciate your input.

Most of these Boris FX are 30 frames.
I'm using several different Boris presets (DVE transitions - "front to right", cylinder cube trip", warp factor"; Filter-mix transitions - basic ripple transitions)

Since these are presets from the keyframe library - I figure these would be exactly the same parameters you have ??

I did make sure "lower field first" was selected on the clip properties and in the boris preferences.

Hopefully something can be figured out before I have to master this in 1-2 days.

Return to posts index

by on May 18, 2005 at 7:05:03 am

Did you send a letter over to Boris support about it? what was their input?

Return to posts index

by on May 18, 2005 at 5:29:03 pm

I did call Boris. I just got an e-mail back from Boris to tell me to send them a couple video clips, along with the project file and boris red settings file.

One thing that I noticed in the meantime is that when I export the 30 frame boris effect from the pinnacle timeline and import that clip in the rack - the export plays fine. But the effect rendered on the timeline is jittery.

Return to posts index

by on May 19, 2005 at 12:04:28 am

This happens to me as well. I since have only looked at the final product. It makes it tough doesn't it? Can you post a wmv of the clip?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]