BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red sluggish

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy DoyleBoris Red sluggish
by on Apr 29, 2005 at 4:01:41 pm

I've just started using red the last couple of days in FCP and I've found it to be brutally slow to work in. Especially the 3-D text. I make one little move and I get a spinning beach ball for 10-15 seconds. It shouldn't work this way should it?

dual 2 g5
4 gig ram
kona 2

Any thoughts on what settings I have screwed up? By the way BCC works just fine its only Red that I'm having problems with.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Boris Red sluggish
by on Apr 29, 2005 at 4:14:42 pm

Try going into your preferences and selecting software render instead of the default OpenGL. It may speed it up.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Boris Red sluggish
by on May 1, 2005 at 3:14:58 am

Switching to half or quarter resolution while you're doing basic stuff also helps with operating speed.

Return to posts index

Jeremy DoyleRe: Boris Red sluggish
by on May 2, 2005 at 1:31:34 pm

I'm already working in quarter resolution. But even when I'm outside of boris in my FCP timeline it will start a spinning ball when I try to scroll through it. The update is really slow.

Return to posts index

Jeremy DoyleRe: Boris Red sluggish
by on May 2, 2005 at 1:57:02 pm

So I have discovered that when I use Boris as a stand alone it works as I think that it probably should. When I use Red as plug in for FCP it is significantly slower.

2 3-D type layers 1hr 4 mins as a plug in for FCP. 5 minutes in Red stand alone. Rendering as animation codec with alpha.

What do I need to do in FCP to make it work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]