BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris As Filter in FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeanne DavidBoris As Filter in FCP
by on Apr 28, 2005 at 8:47:37 pm

We just installed Boris FX 7 to use with FCP HD. Works great with transitions, but I'm having trouble using Boris as a filter. I am picking a video track and applying the Boris filter. From what I have read in the manual, the FX interface is supposed to automatically open, but it doesn't. The manual also indicates that I can drag other clips into the wells, and then they will be accessible in Boris. I have done that, but when I open Boris there is only one video track with the clip I originally put the Boris filter on. I have also tried having the caps lock key on when I apply the filter as the manual suggests but I still get the same results.

I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

advresRe: Boris As Filter in FCP
by on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:07:47 pm

To get the filter to appear you have to drag it onto your clip. Click the FX7 banner in your viewer windows filter tab. If FX doesn't open (it can take a while) then click the video tab in your viewer window and FX should launch.

to access other layers you applied to your wells in FCP, you need to add additional layers. Click on the 'add 3d plane' button in your timeline (bottom left button that looks like a diamond). Then you can click the little V2 label on that track and change it to any of thhe layers you put in the wells.

hope that helps.

Return to posts index

Jeanne DavidRe: Boris As Filter in FCP
by on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:47:20 pm

Thanks. That helps. I was skipping a step.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved