BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Contiuum Complete 3 makes After Effects crash

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank RuggieroContiuum Complete 3 makes After Effects crash
by on Apr 27, 2005 at 3:48:14 pm

hi. Would anyone know why Boris Continuum Complete 3.0.3 would cause After Effects to crash when one of the filters is applied to my layer?

I am using After Effects 6.5.
OSX 10.3.9 on a dual 1.25 G4

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Frank R.

Return to posts index

advresRe: Contiuum Complete 3 makes After Effects crash
by on Apr 28, 2005 at 2:16:14 pm

Is this in an old project or does it happen if you create a brand new one too?

Are you working in 8-bit or 16-bit?

Is there any error message that gets displayed when you crash or does it just say "AE has unexpectedly quit"?

Is it any filter or just specific ones?

I just updated to 10.3.9 and have had no problems to speak of. I am running on 1.6Ghz G5.

Return to posts index

Frank RuggieroRe: Contiuum Complete 3 makes After Effects crash
by on Apr 28, 2005 at 3:10:57 pm

hi advres,

thanks for your reply. the crashes happen whether it is new or old, regardless if i have open gl on or off. i am working in 8bit projects. the computer repsonds with 2 messages...

After Effects error: crash occured while invoking effect plug-in "BCC-Brightness Contrast."
The application Adobe After Effects 6.5 has unexpectedly quit.

It does not matter which Boris plug-in I use. All other plugins work fine (3rd party included).

Strange, isnt it? Im trying to get some info from Boris Inc. If I figure it out, Ill post the results back here.

Thanks. Frank R.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:03:02 pm

Frank,

I work for Boris so I am currently trying to track the problem down. I recreated your crash in house today under a different user then I originally installed BCC for. Are you doing the same?

It seems that I don't get the crash under my primary user but under a different one I do. Both users have administartor privledges and the permissions on the actual plugins themselves grant me access.

**UPDATE**

I was just about to post this comment when I decided to run the app Cocktail to repair my permissions. It seems that the 10.3.9 update caused all kinds of problems. Try to repair your permissions and see if that solves anything... worked for me.

/advres

Return to posts index

Frank RuggieroRe: Contiuum Complete 3 makes After Effects crash
by on Apr 29, 2005 at 2:54:46 pm

Thank you Advres,

Yes, repairing the permissions with Cocktail fixed the crashing problem, however, the filters show a 'X' over the footage when they are applied (like it is in a demo mode.) Does anyone know where i can apply my serial number to have it working in full mode? I already checked options in the filter pallette.

Thanks again for your help.
Frank

Return to posts index

by on Apr 29, 2005 at 5:11:11 pm

You chould be able to click the register button in the BCC banner that appears in your effects tab in the viewer window. If you do not see the register button in the banner you will need to make the window bigger and stretch the 'parameters' bar until you see the help button and the register button appear next to the title of the filter.

I assume this was originally purchased as a Try and Buy and that is why you need to 'register' it again with another user. This was a bug I thought was fixed but maybe I was mistaken. You shouldn't have to register it more then once. Maybe this problem was caused again by the update to 10.3.9.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]