BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red newbie needs HELP!

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Merete HBoris Red newbie needs HELP!
by on Apr 23, 2005 at 11:50:50 am

I've downoaded a trial version og Boris red to work with my FinalCut Pro.
Boris comes up in my effectlist in FCP, but then WHAT? HOW do they work together? Do I have to make new files from BR and import them to FCP or does it work as a real plug-in, in that case WHAT do I do after I applied the desired effect in BR? The helpfile doesn't work so I'm stuck so far, even if the program itself seems easy enough to understand.
Puuuuh, I guess what I really is a manual...

On the edge of getting to know plug-ins,
sincerely, Merete H

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Boris Red newbie needs HELP!
by on Apr 23, 2005 at 2:19:30 pm

Here is the link to the guides

You'll have to study hombre...

Return to posts index

Gregory KuhnRe: Boris Red newbie needs HELP!
by on Apr 26, 2005 at 9:58:36 pm

I am somewhat new to using Boris Red with FCP to but I have been placing a slug from FCP video Generators, the desired length of my effect on the FCP Sequence I am working on and then placing my Boris Red filter onto the slug. Then Double-Click your slug and open the Filters tab on your FCP viewer and you should see a Boris Red Logo. Double-Click on it and this should launch Boris Red from FCP 4. I hope this works for you. If you finder a less cumbersome way of goiing about this, please let me know. Remember, Boris Red is a Plug-In and FCP luanches it.

Good Luck and God Bless,
Greg Kuhn
Bethany, OK

May His grace and peace keep love strong within your heart and home.

Return to posts index

Doug OlinRe: Boris Red newbie needs HELP!
by on Apr 27, 2005 at 9:29:30 pm

From the FCP generator menu, select Boris Red static for a still title or Boris/Boris Red Generator for a moving effect. Type in your desired duration in the FCP viewer duration box and then place the video on the timeline. Then go to the controls menu and click the Boris Red logo. This will take you into Red where you can create your effect.

Doug Olin
Pensacola Christian College

G5 DP 2.0, 2 GB RAM, FCP HD, IO, OS 10.3.9, Medea RT3X 1200 GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved