BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Projected Video Effect-Can this be done with Boris?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Twinke
Projected Video Effect-Can this be done with Boris?
on Apr 21, 2005 at 3:31:39 pm

I am trying to make my video look like it is projected onto the walls of a room, for the life of me I can figure out how to do this in Boris. I have 2 video clips; 1) Lock down shot of the room 2) the subject video. I want to be able to retain all the 3D aspects of the room

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Re: Projected Video Effect-Can this be done with Boris?
on Apr 23, 2005 at 2:15:05 pm

Can you explain a little further? Video projected on a wall? Do you mean like a super 8 projected on the wall of a room?

Return to posts index

editz
on Apr 23, 2005 at 7:16:10 pm

I think what he means is that he wants the video to match the perspective of the wall - a regular plane of video won't match properly using just the rotation and scale controls. Corner pinning is what you'll need to use to match the angles exactly.

Return to posts index

MarkMc
on Apr 25, 2005 at 1:23:07 am

And experiment with apply modes of the projected video eg:hard light,overlay ect.If you can take a copy of the room video track make it grayscale and use it with a displacement filter as the pixel chooser track you might be able to get the appearance of wrapping the projected video around 3d objects. I think I've seen a tutorial for After Effects that does something similar with using a grayscale image to control the distortion of a displacement map- not 100% sure though.

Return to posts index

Mark Harvey
on Apr 25, 2005 at 1:11:45 pm

Also, use the jitter keyframe mode to jitter the opacity of the layer...this will create the flickering that you often see when something is projected.

AS for for creating the angles of the room...work on one wall at a time...be prepared to use multiple copies of the original footage, masks and different transfer modes, as the walls would most likely be shadowed differently.

Should be extremely doable in Red.

Regards,

Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]