BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Graffiti with FCP

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike WeberGraffiti with FCP
by on Apr 20, 2005 at 6:17:17 pm

Hi. I have an easy one. (I hope). I'm using Graffiti version 2.1 with Final Cut Pro HD 4.5. I'd like to know how to see the background video layer while creating a lower third in Graffiti. I have my video on FCP track V1, and I put a Graffiti title on track V2. I double click the Graffiti item, bringing it into the Viewer. Then I click on Controls and click the Graffiti logo to actually enter Graffiti. When I'm there, I don't see the background video layer, just the text layer, with a checkerboard (empty) backround. I really want to see the underlying video track, so I can line up my text, boxes, etc.

Do I need to do something in the FCP viewer window to load in my background video? I see Video layers int he Viewer window, but am unclear about how those work in relation to Graffiti. Or am I on the wrong track altogether? This must be easy and I'm just missing it.

Thanks a lot -

Return to posts index

advresRe: Graffiti with FCP
by on Apr 25, 2005 at 7:34:20 pm

When you apply Graffiti there should be 'wells' labeled Video 1, 2 etc... in your controls window underneath the Graffiti banner. drag a copy of the video you would like to use inside of Graffiti.

Launch Graffiti and now your image should be in the background track layer. You can click the little V1 icon and change to V2, V3 etc if you put more then one clip in your different wells.

hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved