BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Boris Red / Final Cut Pro 4

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory KuhnBoris Red / Final Cut Pro 4
by on Apr 18, 2005 at 6:37:47 pm

I am not able to view Boris Red as a Filter in FCP. My predecessor said that he had no trouble with it. When I look at my FCP Filters, I see Boris Red Filter FCP but it has an After Effects icon in front of it. I do not want to use After Effects. I also noticed that when I go to System info and look at my Applications, Boris Red is shown as "Not Available". I was hoping to remedy this situation without re-installing Boris Red 3.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

May His grace and peace keep love strong within your heart and home.

Return to posts index

Doug OlinRe: Boris Red / Final Cut Pro 4
by on Apr 26, 2005 at 9:33:23 pm

You will need to reinstall Red and choose the Final Cut Pro plugin option. The default installation doesn't have the FCP plugin so you will need to choose it. I use Red all the time as a plugin for FCP HD. It sounds like your installation either became corrupted or wasn't working in the first place. The reinstall doesn't take that long and it will be a great addition to FCP.

Doug Olin
Pensacola Christian College

G5 DP 2.0, 2 GB RAM, FCP HD, IO, OS 10.3.8, Medea RT3X 1200 GB

Return to posts index

Gregory KuhnRe: Boris Red / Final Cut Pro 4
by on Apr 26, 2005 at 9:53:08 pm

Doug,

Thanks! I did have to reinstall Red. My concern was losing previous built effects but Boris' support walked me through the process and showed how install just the engine and filter for FCP. I love Boris, they are very good about thinking things through to make posting much easier. Do you happen to know if Boris Red has a Solar Flare effect available? I have been looking for one but have had no luck. Plenty of lights but no flares. Just Curious.

Sincerely,
Greg Kuhn
IPHC
Bethany, OK

Return to posts index

Doug OlinRe: Boris Red / Final Cut Pro 4
by on Apr 26, 2005 at 11:14:07 pm

Boris Red might not have a solar flare effect. Boris Continuum Complete has many more lighting effects than Red and I would guess there is one in that program. We purchased Cont. Complete to get a Trapcode Shine type of lighting effect. The Cont. Complete can work as a plugin for FCP and Red. The lighting effects seem to rely on the pixel chooser to cast the effects on alpha channel graphics. Overall if you've used Red, the Cont. Complete will be similar in the interface.

Doug Olin
Pensacola Christian College

G5 DP 2.0, 2 GB RAM, FCP HD, IO, OS 10.3.8, Medea RT3X 1200 GB

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]