BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Hard hitting question, who can tell me the answer to this?

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephenlnoe
Hard hitting question, who can tell me the answer to this?
on Apr 17, 2005 at 4:28:34 am

OK, I've done all of the 3d extrusions and 2d prospective blurs and layer shifts I can take. These things have served me well but I know Boris Red can do more than these things. I went to the store to look for a book and the only books I can find are on Maya and After Effects.

What I want to do is view my scene in 3d space and place elements in 3d space and then have control over the camera. I know it can be done but how do you view the entire scene from any angle. What I mean is, how do you pull back and see where things are in a spacial relationship in Boris Red. I've seen it done in After Effects.

Then how can you place the camera on a path between elements. I've seen this done in combustion.

There are only a couple of books for Red and nowhere to get this kind of guidance. Can someone show me the way to the knowledge? Thanks...

Return to posts index

MarkMc
Re: Hard hitting question, who can tell me the answer to this?
on Apr 17, 2005 at 4:20:17 pm

Here is the simple answer: you can't. This is a feature that AE has had since verison 5.The cameras and lights in Red don't really exist in 3d space like they do in other applications. But then again Red is only a compositing app with some 3d capabilities but for the money I'd expect it to have at least the same features that it's main competition has had for a couple of years.Mmmmnn...upgrade my After Effects 5.0 Production bundle to AE PRo 6.5 for $200 to $300 and get Color Finesse free or upgrade Red to it's next version(which will happen when?)?

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Just to be perfectly clear, I've made a movie explaining what I need to know
on Apr 18, 2005 at 2:35:08 am

If this is not do-able then OK. I've been told that Boris Red 4 is in the works. What it will do, I don't know.

Here is the video

http://home.comcast.net/~stephenlnoe/szn89boris.wmv

Return to posts index

MarkMc
Re: Just to be perfectly clear, I've made a movie explaining what I need to know
on Apr 18, 2005 at 8:39:04 pm

I downloaded your wmv and IMO to pull this off you really need alternate camera views:top,side ect.Maybe it's possible using the z space controls to pull this off but without multiple camera views you have a difficult time figuring out where the heck your camera is.I can tell you for sure it can be done in After Effects because that is what I use whenever I do anything similar to what you are trying to do.I'd much rather use Red if I could because I just prefer the interface over AE.It's the same situation with lights in Red also.

Return to posts index

stephenlnoe
Re: Just to be perfectly clear, I've made a movie explaining what I need to know
on Apr 18, 2005 at 11:14:21 pm

Thanks Mark, for some input. I wish there were this kind of control. I guess there always the next release.

any more input on this would be great.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]