BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials Motion Graphics After Effects

Adjusting Reflection Track to properly simulate glass

COW Forums : Boris FX

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Editz
Adjusting Reflection Track to properly simulate glass
on Apr 12, 2005 at 12:05:35 am

Say you have a spline object with a Glass material over V1. If you turn on the reflection track and also set it to V1, the reflection is rather distorted, and there's no adjustments for scale and whatnot. You can copy a V1 track into a container and place that into the reflection track, but if you move the spline obeject the reflection doesn't track with it.

What I'm looking for is something akin to the various "crystal" effects that NBC uses, where a crystalline version of the peacock logo passes over a piece of video and the reflected image either distorts or is slightly larger inside of the spline object - is there an easy way to replicate this?

Return to posts index

Editz
Re: Adjusting Reflection Track to properly simulate glass
on Apr 12, 2005 at 4:25:17 pm

Hate to reply to my own post but I was thinking perhaps I should duplicate the base video layer, blow it up a bit and then use a duplicate of the spline object as a mask on it. Then as the "crystal" object tracks across the screen, the mask would only show the enlarged duplicate of the track directly underneath/through it. Anyone agree or disagree?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]