BORIS FX: Boris FX Forum Boris FX Tutorials After Effects Motion Graphics

Name scroll help

COW Forums : Boris FX

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bobby MosaediName scroll help
by on Apr 1, 2005 at 12:28:20 am

Hi. I have from client a 54 page word document with about 2300 lines, yes absoultely ridiculous. I have to make these scroll. I need help on how to go about this. My host application is media 100i. I already tried copy-pasting into the text window, but the computer doesnt have the memory to produce all that.

I know the correct way to do it would be to break it up, which would mean creating several composition clips, but how would i do it so that they all maintain the same speed? They are divided by state, with some states having as few as 1 line, and some as many as 30. And if i do have to divide them up, how do i avoid having to wait for one title to completely scroll off before the next one comes in? Is this even the right app to do this in? help!

Return to posts index

stephenlnoeRe: Name scroll help
by on Apr 1, 2005 at 4:41:50 am

make your initial title run and containerize it. Now copy the container and paste paste paste. This way you're parameters will be identical for all of the containers that were cloned off of the original. Now you can put a decent amount of text in each container and render the containers one by one. In you NLE (media100) you can edit the smaller clips produced.

it sounds hard but it's not. did you say 2700 words or 2700 lines? holy cr@p.

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Name scroll help
by on Apr 1, 2005 at 4:08:49 pm

I'd also doublecheck Red's keyframe library for examples of multi-page rolls. I don't do a lot of that stuff myself but I'm betting there may be some hints in there to help you out. Who on earth would want to look at that much text on a screen??

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: Name scroll help
by on Apr 1, 2005 at 4:26:53 pm

[Editz] "Who on earth would want to look at that much text on a screen??"

hehe. Its not meant to be watched in entirety, its to be looped playing outside the doors of a ballroom during the week of a convention. the problem is pasting all that text, because its already formatted.

Return to posts index

Bobby MosaediRe: Name scroll help
by on Apr 1, 2005 at 4:17:42 pm

what exactly is containerizing? and when you say paste paste would that be in the same composition or would i have to create many different clips from my NLE and renter RED so many times?

Return to posts index

EditzRe: Name scroll help
by on Apr 2, 2005 at 3:35:48 am

I think you can import your text file as one giant page. Then you change it from 3D Line Art to 3D Plane. Then you put this into a Title Container. Set the container to "Roll" under the Animation tab. Make a copy of your original text track and cut out everything you don't want to show up as the first page of your roll. Copy the original text track again and do the same for what will be page two, and so on and so on... Make sure that page one is the topmost track in your Title Container. Turn off the original text track and I think you should have it. The Title Container should automatically space out each of the pages/tracks for your roll. HTH.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]