ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

Encore End of Life

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Cohen
Encore End of Life
on Jul 13, 2020 at 7:36:34 pm

Apparently Encore is now discontinued even for people who previously purchased the software with the non-CC version of CS6

You used to be able to install it with CS6 on CC but now it is gone. We still sell DVDs to customers.

Does anyone know of a good alternative?

Return to posts index

Bill Celnick
Re: Encore End of Life
on Jul 13, 2020 at 9:02:41 pm

Magix DVD Architect - which used to be Sony Vegas DVD Architect is around - only links I've found are for the academic version (B&H and Adorama) so you may have to do some digging.

Good luck.

Bill Celnick
Starlight Video Productions
Sugar Loaf NY

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Jul 14, 2020 at 2:23:22 pm
Last Edited By Stan Jones on Jul 14, 2020 at 2:24:03 pm

> "Encore is now discontinued even for people who previously purchased the software with the non-CC version of CS6"

It may be complicated by various factors, but you can still install and run a purchased/licensed (perpetual) copy of CS6. And Encore still runs for me on Win10.

The problem is that you may not be able to get the install files and often the updates do not work.

So that leaves most users who still need DVD/BD delivery with the problem of finding alternatives.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
on Jul 21, 2020 at 11:23:15 am

That's a shame..... But I guess that's what happens when you rent someone else's product, put your name on it, and then tell everyone it's yours, when it's not....... And then you lose your license!!!

The only reason why I've not lost my install updates is I made BACKUPS.... and Cloned the Boot Drives that did work....

That also goes for the other CS6 programs I'm licensed to use, and am not updating from!

That is such a shame.....

I guess Adobe doesn't care about negative publicity that they will get from people that spent good money for a program, and when push comes to shove, when the people need access to updates, they get the cold shoulder, as if they had not spent any money at all....

That's why I left the Beta Program at the beginning of CS7, which became CC, as I could see that the end user was being ignored....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]