Glitches in DVD Authoring

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Laura Shayler
Glitches in DVD Authoring
on Oct 17, 2019 at 2:35:08 pm
Last Edited By Laura Shayler on Oct 19, 2019 at 1:47:43 pm

Hi all,
I've been using Encore (CS6) for many years but ever since this summer it's begun to author disks with glitches in the playback. The transcode file and source video is absolutely fine.
I've noticed on at least one occasion that it seems to happen when I add chapter points in Encore. That being said, the most recent occasion has resulted in glitches in the same place on the video, chapters or not.

So,
1. Can anyone shed light on why this has suddenly started happening?
2. Is there are fix or workaround?
3. Considering I have a tight deadline on this most recent project, is there a way of authoring a disk using the Encore folder and clean transode files using a different method/piece of software?

I'm currently experimenting with a different project to see if I get a similar problem.
So far I've tried burning to disk, folder and Image and get the same glitch in the same place, every time.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I've just tried to export as mpeg 2 DVD direct from premiere and import into encore this way. I'm still getting glitches during the file writing process, this time in different places. So I'm guessing this has nothing (or less) to do with the transcoding and more the authoring?! Desperately in need of advice as I'm falling way behind with projects and I'm struggling to find solutions without knowing the cause.

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: Glitches in DVD Authoring
on Nov 6, 2019 at 8:37:23 am

I can share some not to recent issues... ( I'm on a PC)
I used to write directly to a DVD or BR....
A couple years ago, both my licenses began to burp on direct writes, and the DVD/R or BR/R would fail, and then not be usable.... Grab another blank and try again! Same Result...
I got around the issue by writing an ISO file of DVD or BR... That got around the problem....

Except.... If you use BD-RE media, there is nothing in the program that allows you to save an ISO in a BD-RE format... and Writing directly to BD-RE media (That used to work years ago), no longer works.... I used to use BD-RE media for test writes.... That I could erase and re-use... Was Great for quick tests without the expense.... This was back when BR media was more expensive than it is now...

As mentioned, direct writing to DISC used to work for all supported media, but now doesn't....

This negates using BD-RE media, as Rendering to a DVD or BR ISO file is only applicable for a DVD/R or BR/R media...

However, after writing to an ISO file, I've NOT encountered any higher amount of glitches in the rendered ISO files.....

P.S.: When burning from ISO, I always select Verfiy the recording...

Return to posts index

Jeff Bellune
Re: Glitches in DVD Authoring
on Nov 6, 2019 at 12:53:00 pm

Hi Laura,

Try , like Jan said, to write an .iso image file from Encore.

Then use this freeware program to burn to disc (including BD-RE):

https://www.imgburn.com/

It’s a safe program, no malware. It doesn’t have the friendliest UI, but the default settings always work for me. It is fast and reliable. Essentially bullet-proof for burning. I’ve even donated to the author because it is an essential tool that I could not do without.

Cheers,
Jeff

The Focal Easy Guide to Adobe Encore DVD 2.0

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]