ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

Reinstalled OS and can't find where to download CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Scoggins
Reinstalled OS and can't find where to download CS6
on Aug 9, 2019 at 12:40:51 am

Ok, so I switched to Adobe CC about 4 years ago and loved it.

I shoot some dance recitals and stuff where people want to buy DVDs, so I found out how I could just download Premiere Pro CS6 and get Encore with it.

So, I had some major computer issues recently and just decided to format my drive and reinstall everything. Now I've got all my CC apps back, but can't find anywhere to download the CS6. It's on my MacBook, but I usually burn disks on my desktop.

Any thoughts? I am a legitimate user, I'm not asking for anything illegal, just trying to get the burning software back....

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: Reinstalled OS and can't find where to download CS6
on Aug 9, 2019 at 1:51:38 am

Hi Philip,
What OS did you install on whatever machine you're using? (What is that machine?)
And what OS is on your Macbook?
I hear Adobe has been limiting access to earlier apps but others will know more about that than I.
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Philip Scoggins
on Aug 9, 2019 at 1:36:52 pm

I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 on my desktop & my MacBook. The desktop is a hackintosh, but is recognized as an iMac 14,1. It took a week of tinkering to get my new video card to work correctly was the reason for reformatting my OS drive on the desktop.

When I started using Premiere CC and realized I needed Encore to burn disks, the cc app just let me download the older version, but now it's not available on the version list to install.

Philip

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on Aug 9, 2019 at 1:40:17 pm

See this announcement from May 2019:

https://theblog.adobe.com/changes-to-creative-cloud-download-availability

We think it was part of some licensing/legal set of issues. The relevance is that PR CS6 is no longer available as part of a cloud subscription, and therefore no EN CS6.

All the download links are gone. If you have a purchased/licensed copy, you can install under your license number. Adobe support can provide a download link if you can show you have a license - a simple matter if you registered with them. I think CS4/CS5/CS5.1 also work, but there are no guarantees.

There are several threads on this and on discussions about alternatives to EN in the Adobe forums.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Philip Scoggins
on Aug 9, 2019 at 3:27:30 pm

Awesome!

Thanks for the link. I am a legitimate user and I've spent hours yesterday running through google just finding links that let to dead links or scam crap.

Thanks again & I'll dig around for some alternatives in the threads.

Philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]