ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

Blu-ray multipage menu doesn't go to selected page!

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Pierre-Luc Boucher
Blu-ray multipage menu doesn't go to selected page!
on May 15, 2017 at 9:55:34 pm
Last Edited By Pierre-Luc Boucher on May 16, 2017 at 12:19:44 am

Hi folks,

A few months ago, I figured out the way to create multi-page Blu-ray menus where the selected page appears above the previous options, like some retail discs (example below). Everything worked fine!

However, I had to start the project from scratch and I can no longer figure out how to do this!! I created a very simple (and ugly) dummy menu to try. The main buttons on Page 0 are PLAY, SETUP, CHAPTERS and BONUS.

The sub-menu of SETUP on page 1 contains 2 buttons: FRENCH and ENGLISH. The previous options are duplicated as simple layers, not buttons.

When I specify the link for SETUP, I choose the first option of its sub-menu, ENGLISH, so it appears above.

BUT, when I select SETUP from the main menu, it appears to just reload the main menu. The sub-menu for SETUP never appears...What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

PL

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
Re: Blu-ray multipage menu doesn't go to selected page!
on May 17, 2017 at 11:14:10 am

Multipage menus do not preview in Encore. You must build the project and test with a burned disk or a software emulator that interprets the menus correctly. The only one I have found that does this reliably is Total Media Theater. For example, in my test project, VLC player plays the video file, but will not show the menu.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc Boucher
on May 17, 2017 at 9:26:58 pm

Oh that must be what I did before! Thank you very much!! Although I still can't believe how dumb Encore is when it comes to Blu-ray. I can see why Adobe gave up on it.

One last question: what are the advantages to using one multipage menu instead of a bunch of single-page menus? I assume the navigation is better/quicker with a multipage?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Stan Jones
on May 18, 2017 at 11:17:13 am

You can keep audio playing continuously. And (for better and for worse) the background image is the same.

Adobe lost the licensing options when Rovi bought Sonic and killed all the authoring products. Adobe would have had to start a new product from the ground up, and it was not worth the investment. Lots of people still delivering disks, and it is a frustration. Luckily, Encore keeps working on operating systems it was never designed for.

Stan Jones

Return to posts index

Pierre-Luc Boucher
on May 19, 2017 at 12:09:31 am

Very useful info, thank you again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]