ADOBE ENCORE DVD: Forum Tutorials DVD Authoring

delaying menu actions?

COW Forums : Adobe Encore DVD

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Briggs
delaying menu actions?
on Apr 22, 2005 at 2:59:34 am

Hey folks, have a delimma in encore i'm not quite sure how to solve.
I've got two animations, a intro animation and a loop. At the end of the intro animation, the menus will have been built and i want the user to be able to select items while the motion menu loop plays in the bg. I can't play the intro animation and loop back to back in encore because of the pause that happens between movies. If i make the intro and loop one long animation,that eliminates the pause, but my menu selection shows up during the intro animation (i want it to stay inactive till the loop starts). So either way, it seems like i'm going to have issues. Is there a way to delay the menu so that it only starts when the loop starts? hope that makes sense. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
thanks
Chad

Return to posts index

Greg Mulvey
Re: delaying menu actions?
on Apr 22, 2005 at 7:55:43 am

All you should need to do is set your "loop point" in the menu properites box to the time in your animation when you want your menu buttons to show up.

Greg Mulvey
Designer:Animator
http://www.gregmulvey.com

Return to posts index

Roadkill
on Apr 22, 2005 at 3:09:47 pm

Note: The "loop point" settings delays the appearance of the subpicture highlights on the menu. Should you be using other, full color button images then these should be made part of the menu background video before importing in Encore.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Apr 22, 2005 at 11:15:58 pm

thanks for the tips, they worked like a charm so far.
-chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]