SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Sony FS5/Shogun/Prores Raw PROBLEM!!!

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Chris Boy
Sony FS5/Shogun/Prores Raw PROBLEM!!!
on Jan 19, 2020 at 4:26:16 pm

Good Morning!

I have a problem I'm running into with being able to import Apple Prores RAW files into Premiere Pro. The footage was shot on a Sony FS5 and recorded externally with an Atomos Shogun Ingerno recorder. I recorded it to the shogun in Apple prores with a picture profile of Slog 3 sgamut 3.cine.

I was able to record the footage with no problem as well as upload it onto my mac and view it in Quicktime. But when I go to import it into Premiere Pro, I get the message "This file has an unsupported compression type."

I know that Apple prores RAW is newish to the video world, but I was under the impression that Apple prores RAW files would be no problem for Adobe Premiere Pro. I'm also up to date on all Adobe CC app versions. Is there any update or word on how I can make this happen within Adobe? I really don't want to go over to FCPX to do this.

I have a big shoot this week with numerous interviews and would like to figure this out beforehand so I can change my shooting plan if I'm not really getting anything out of the shogun if the footage is not useable (within adobe premiere pro). Also would love to hear suggestions on preferred shooting picture profiles for a simple 2 cam interview (FS5 as A Cam and A7S II as B Cam).

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

- Chris

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Sony FS5/Shogun/Prores Raw PROBLEM!!!
on Jan 20, 2020 at 2:13:45 am

Support has been announced but I'm not sure if it's been implemented. I'm not sure if Adobe had announced a date yet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]