SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Modifying BPAV clip files from EX1r

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Beery
Modifying BPAV clip files from EX1r
on Oct 30, 2019 at 12:35:32 pm

Occasionally I screwup and grab a chip that hasn't been cleared of past shots.
Question:
1. Can I clear the old clip files before importing in my archive drives? or will that cause problems with the whole BPAV?
2. Is it possible to change the CLIP file name (assigned in the EX1r Menu) before archiving? i.e. I start shooting with the clip name Bob, then with the chip in hand and loaded on the desktop ready to ShotPut Pro into the drives, I see, OH damn, I shot Hootie instead of Bob, CAN THIS CAMERA GENERATED CLIP NAME BE CHANGED on my computer desktop?
Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Hal

Return to posts index

Steve Kownacki
Re: Modifying BPAV clip files from EX1r
on Oct 30, 2019 at 1:52:52 pm

After you copy your media to a drive in 2 places for safety. I believe you can delete the unwanted subfolders in the CLPR and TAKR and everything still operates correctly even though the XML files may still reference deleted items.

I don't think you can simply change a clip name because that name is associated multiple folders, clip media and XML files. You would have to update it in too many places. What about using XDcam Browser or Adobe Prelude to import the clips?

Steve

Return to posts index

Hal Beery
on Nov 4, 2019 at 12:50:44 pm

Thanks, Steve.
I'll look into Adobe Prelude. Never used it.
Obviously I'm just better off leaving everything as is... and my hope of saving space and distractions is a futile pursuit here.

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Hal

MacbookPro 15" Retina 16 Gb ram
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB Graphics
500 GB SSD internal system drive
OS 10.11.6
Two attached T2 Raid Drives 0.
Mostly short-form documentaries, Music Videos, Corporate, Multi-cam live events.
shooting Sony EX1r and any other HD cam available.
Cutting HD mp4, H264, ProRes 422.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017.1.2 (111.2 [22] build)
Audition Build 11.00.19
Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 release 2017.1.1

Return to posts index

Michael Slowe
on Nov 7, 2019 at 10:29:03 pm

Hal, I've just seen your first post. I used an EX 1 for some years and was always guided by the great Doug Jensen (Vortex Media) who issues Master Classes on most Sony cameras.
He is very firm in his advice that it is unwise in the extreme to mess about with the contents of the BPAV folders. However, once I had the whole file on my edit drives I extracted the clips without problems. It might be safer for you to shoot your new material leaving the original media on the card, once it is all ingested you would then be able to delete the unwanted media, a bit of a nuisance but safe!

Michael Slowe

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]