SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

FS5II LCD auto-off too sensitive

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Nicholson
FS5II LCD auto-off too sensitive
on Oct 12, 2019 at 5:12:24 pm

Does anyone else experience this issue? The IR sensor in the viewfinder is set way too sensitive in my opinion. Just passing your hand by the viewfinder within 6" cause the LCD screen to power off for about 2-3 seconds. When holding it close to my body for stability the screen can blink on and off, even with the viewfinder rotated up to it's vertical limit.

I've been in touch with Sony support about this and they say it's a normal "proximity zone" but this is mentioned nowhere in Sony literature or the user manual. The only reference to this function is when the viewfinder is "blocked". Unfortunately there is no option to force the screen ON, only OFF. This over-thought power-saving "function" more commonly results in interrupted monitoring and loss-of-quality confidence.

Sony admits that this is a common complaint, and I'm trying to get them to implement a firmware fix to enable a Both Displays On option in the menu. Everyone experiencing this issue might want to chime in as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]