SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Colour Issues with Sony PWX X70

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Margaret Lomas
Colour Issues with Sony PWX X70
on Aug 19, 2019 at 4:13:57 am

This is a weird problem and I have spent 4 hours today with no success.

I am filming on a well lit green screen.

I sit in front of the camera and we do the white balance and get what looks like the perfect shot in terms of colour etc.

Then I see part of my hair which is transparent and bleeding through the image which has been chroma-keyed into the green screen. If I hold up a piece of paper in a certain spot behind my head the bleed goes away - and so I thought it was a lighting issue,

BUT, when I take the piece of paper away, I watch as the colours on the screen fade from the perfect colours they were to be pale and transparent again, wit bleed through. It is like the camera is adjusting the shot when the light changes slightly.

I have tried putting everything on auto and everything on manual and the problem doesnt go away. Does anyone possibly know what is happening?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Colour Issues with Sony PWX X70
on Aug 22, 2019 at 12:18:05 am
Last Edited By Blaise Douros on Aug 22, 2019 at 12:18:20 am

Everything including white balance? Inadvertently being on AWB would probably get you in trouble. What about auto ISO, or auto gain? Any kind of automatic highlight protection, or shadow corrections, or anything like that?

Return to posts index

Margaret Lomas
on Aug 22, 2019 at 1:52:51 am

Thanks for this. I agree that this seems like an auto function, but we have switched every function we can find to the manual position. I am thinking that it may be a fault with the camera - i.e. - doesn't switch off the auto function?

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on Aug 22, 2019 at 5:58:59 pm

I'm thinking mainly about Auto Gain Control--that's the one that can be really insidious. Or even setting the AGC limit to +0dB?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]