SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

My FS5 is zooming in on its own!

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Grossman
My FS5 is zooming in on its own!
on Aug 5, 2019 at 3:18:11 pm
Last Edited By Ali Grossman on Aug 5, 2019 at 9:11:09 pm

I have no idea what is causing the phenomenon of my FS5 camera zooming in quickly on its own. It has the kit 18-105 lens. When this happens (sometimes as soon as I turn on the camera and sometimes when paused in between shots, I cannot override the zoom for more than a moment. I have tried disconnecting the servo handle, turning the camera on and off, removing and replacing the battery, using the top controls, and using the manual mode. None of this works. When the problem occured last summer, I placed it in airplane mode. That seemed to fix it but now, the problem is back and the camera is extremely unpredictable. The problem is intermittent enough that sometimes I can shoot for days without it occurring. When it starts occurring again, it might do this for an entire shoot. Has anybody else experienced this or anything similar?? Any suggestions? I have sent the camera away for repair but now, of course, the camera is cooperating for the tech.

Many thanks,
Ali

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]