SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Sony FS 5 ii and canon glass

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike santaella
Sony FS 5 ii and canon glass
on Nov 16, 2018 at 1:17:02 am

I recently purchased a Sony FS 5 ii without the addition of the Sony kit lens, hoping that my canon glass will be a good choice when using a metabones adapter. I have a metabones EF to e mount adapter already that I use with a Sony A7Sii. I’m considering using my canon 24-105 f4 as an all around lens to use since it has stabilization and a good all around range. Should I look into buying a separate metabones speed booster in order to gain another stop as well as keep the native focal length(s)? Does anyone have any experience using canon L line lens’ with this or similar Sony cameras? (I also use canon 50mm1.2L, Canon 24 1.4L, Canon 70-200 2.8L ii, Canon EF-s 10-22mm))

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Sony FS 5 ii and canon glass
on Nov 16, 2018 at 9:27:52 pm

I use the Canon 24-105 on the FS7 with a speedbooster. I rarely use other lenses, aside from a 100mm macro lens. There are sharper lenses out there, but for what I do, it's a perfect all-around lens that's good for almost every shooting situation.

Return to posts index

mike santaella
on Nov 16, 2018 at 9:35:10 pm

Thanks for your reply Blaise Douros, I appreciate your insight / experience with this setup. I bet gaining an extra stop is nice too (using metabones speed booster). Looking forward to finally upgrading!

Return to posts index

John Treffer
on Dec 20, 2018 at 8:13:53 pm

I'm using an FS7 with a kit lens and a couple of canon and canon-mount lenses. I have both, the metabones adapter and the speedbooster.

One year back I tested some Sigma ART lenses with both metabones and I discovered that the speedbooster does affect the image quality. Sharpness and deformation significantly increases, especially towards the corners.

However I still sometimes use the speedbooster for an extra wide angle or for extra light. But I use the adapter 9 out of 10 times.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]