SONY CINEALTA: Sony CineAlta HD Forum HDV Format Forum Sony CineAlta HD Articles

Which NLE keeps up with Sony the most?

COW Forums : Sony EX, FS5/FS7 & Related

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Conrad Deleon
Which NLE keeps up with Sony the most?
on Oct 4, 2018 at 11:32:50 pm

Between FCPX, Adobe Premier, and Media Composer (or others), which NLE has given you the least problems with Sony EX footage and SxS cards??

I use FCPX the most and subscribe to Adobe Premier CC when FCPX does not work with my Sony EX footage. Considering AVID now.

I know many NLEs have had their share of problems with Sony formats, just wondering if there is consensus on which NLE keeps up with Sony the most.

Just used a Sony SBAC-US30 and I still cannot see my EX1R footage in FCPX 10.4.3. Adobe works just fine.

High Sierra 10.13.6
FCPX 10.4.3
Sony SxS Pro Cards

Return to posts index

Ronnie Martin
Re: Which NLE keeps up with Sony the most?
on Oct 5, 2018 at 12:28:59 pm

Many years ago I was looking for a stable reliable editing software program . I tried most of the ones mentioned here and found Canopus which finally became edius (grassvalley) and never looked back. It ingests Video from the Sony SXS cards with ease. Like most all editing software it is all in knowing where to "click". It is logical and easy to use and fast. Many TV stations and TV networks use Edius in news gathering. There are many tutorials available on you tube
and help on the edius forum ( https://forum.grassvalley.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7). You can even down load a trial version to take a look at the edius program. I have three Sony Xdcam cameras EX1R, EX-3 and a PMW 320.
Also I have an Sony reader that I use to import the footage from the SXS cards. You can also import your footage direct from the Sony Xdcam cameras. For Me this setup works like a charm. The only thing I dislike about the Sony products is the price of the SXS cards. However I have never had a capture failure with the Sony cards. Several years ago I had a 20 week TV show on automobile dirt racing. The time between shooting the footage
and delivery to four TV stations (one hour program) was 4 days. I could have never made it without the reliability of the Sony cameras, SXS cards and the Edius software.

Ronnie Martin

Ronnie Martin
Kato Video Productions
ronnievideo@aol.com

Return to posts index

Conrad Deleon
Re: Which NLE keeps up with Sony the most?
on Oct 6, 2018 at 7:19:22 pm

whoa. I've never heard of Edius. I'll check it out!

I'm a fan of Belden cables, and I know Grass Valley as well.

Thank you, Ronnie.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]