ADOBE INDESIGN: InDesign Forum InDesign Tutorials

Script to link to endbook

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Gil
Script to link to endbook
on Jan 26, 2020 at 9:16:12 pm

Hello everyone! I've been struggling with this for the past days and I haven´t been able to figure it out. I know that if I would did it manually it would be over by now, but this is a problem I've face too many times, and I'm planning to end it now 😃

The thing is the author send me the whole text just like test, in a Microsoft Word file, and then I pass it to InDesign to make everything pretty and sexy. You all know the deal. The thing is thing then go to a ePub format to sell it as ebooks, and I have to link every single note manually to the endnotes, when there are times that it has more than 500 notes. It look like this (I've made a picture to explain myself)

Every note is marked as a "super index" (it's called that way in Spanish, so sorry if I'm not making myself clear right now!), and at the end of the books all the notes are separated by chapter and marked with that same number. So in every chapter the first note is note number 1.

So I need to make some kind of script that I can run that say this:

Look for a superindex, then go to the page x (the page where the endnotes begin), and look the same number, and then link them.
If some other number 1 has been linked search for the next one.
And so on.

That's something I can easily make it work in python, but I don't have a clue how to implement python in an InDesign workflow.

Thank you very very much in advanced, if I finally have this working it would save me big time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]