ADOBE INDESIGN: InDesign Forum InDesign Tutorials

Bounding Boxes (Sometimes) Around EPS Exports to AI

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Fitzgerald
Bounding Boxes (Sometimes) Around EPS Exports to AI
on Jun 18, 2019 at 7:50:00 pm

Hello All,

This is hardly a critical problem, but it has been something that has been bothering me for a long time. In InDesign I compose a lot of billing cards that have EPS logo files inserted and nested into text boxes with various credits typeset. I export these cards out as EPS files for rasterization in Photoshop via Illustrator. Sometimes these nested EPS files within the the overall EPS file have little bounding boxes around them. Sometimes they don't. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why they show up. They have no stroke and no fill.

It's not particularly hard to delete them, when they show up, but I would like to know why they (sometimes) appear.

Anybody know?

TIA
Eric Fitzgerald

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Bounding Boxes (Sometimes) Around EPS Exports to AI
on Jun 19, 2019 at 12:24:55 pm

I would assume they are the image frames into which the images are placed, in which case they should be around every placed piece of artwork, rather than just some. Not that I've checked.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Eric Fitzgerald
on Jun 19, 2019 at 2:07:50 pm

What's really weird is that the same EPS file nested into a text box will sometimes have this and sometimes wont. I know computers don't do things just because they feel like it. There is a reason. It's just a mystery to me.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Jun 21, 2019 at 6:00:27 pm

I really haven't investigated, but if I had to guess, the ones that have the frame matching the original image edges don't have such and the ones that have been cropped by the containing frame have it. I'll leave testing that theory to you...

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Jai Prakash
on Jul 16, 2019 at 10:30:48 am

I was facing a similar issue, I searched the web and found an organization which was able to get this issue sorted out. If you want, you can contact them at info@dtplabs.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]