ADOBE INDESIGN: InDesign Forum InDesign Tutorials

InDesign fails to export PDF

COW Forums : Adobe InDesign

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kara Reddy
InDesign fails to export PDF
on Apr 23, 2019 at 1:36:36 pm

Currently using Indesign 14.0.2, on a 2013 Macbook 10.13.

I am trying to export an InDesign document as a PDF, but every time I try it fails. No error message, no warning, no information about potential problems - it starts exporting and then just stops. I've tried exporting the pages separately, dividing the document into separate files for each page and exporting them separately that way, ensuring the fonts are embedded, but nothing seems to work. Since the document is supposed to be a label I can't afford to print it at a lower resolution, so I'm at a loss of how to solve the problem, or what could even be causing the problem in the first place. I've tested other documents and they export as normal, it's just this one document that is causing issues.

Return to posts index

Tom Van Damme
Re: InDesign fails to export PDF
on Apr 24, 2019 at 6:52:53 am

Hi Kara,

you could try exporting to another location. I regularly encounter problems when exporting to a network drive.

Or copy all elements in a new document, and try exporting again. Maybe copy element by element to find the one that is causing the problem.

Hope this helps,
Tom

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: InDesign fails to export PDF
on Apr 24, 2019 at 4:12:20 pm

Fonts are the most likely culprit in PDF export issues. If you have any free fonts downloaded off the internet, you can try and replace them with a proper font from Typekit (Adobe Fonts), for instance. If there's not much text, you could even try and convert type to outlines -- but keep the editable original as a separate file!

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]